Over 17 million join social insurance
Over 17.24 million Vietnamese people, or 34.84% of the workforce, are joining social insurance, according to the Vietnam Social Security (VSS).
Illustrative image (Photo: VNA)
At the sector’s recent online conference, the VSS said that as of September, 15.73 million people were participating in compulsory social insurance, while 1.51 million others were joining voluntary insurance.
Health insurance covers over 87.5 million people, or 88.4% of the population, while 14.02 million pay unemployed insurance.
VSS General Director Nguyen The Manh said that the sector’s priority tasks in the remaining months of this year are to increase the number of participants and complete the collection of insurance premiums.
To fulfil its target for 2022, the sector needs to attract additional 1.93 million social insurance participants in the fourth quarter./.
- 20th KOCHAM charity night 2023 receives more than 12.2 billion VND
- Vietnamese to enjoy one-week Tet holiday in 2024
- Mekong Delta receives 4 trillion VND for fight against riverbank, coastal erosion
- Tropical depression approaching mainland of Central region
- Ha Long Bay-Cat Ba Archipelago recognised as world natural heritage
- Mekong Delta facing increasingly serious flooding
- Can Tho: Final sections of Tran Hoang Na bridge get linked
- President visits advanced new-style rural commune in An Giang
- Binh Duong named among Top 7 Intelligent Communities for third time
- Vietnam moves up four places in 2023 Global Peace Index to 41st position