Can Tho serves over 7 million visitors in nine months
The Mekong Delta city of Can Tho welcome over 7 million tourists in the first three quarter of 2019, a year-on-year increase of 4.2 percent.
A corner of Cai Rang float market in Can Tho city (Source: VNA)
The locality’s tourism sector earned total revenue of 3.4 trillion VND (over 146.4 million USD), up 15.2 percent from the same period last year.
Notably, since the beginning of the year, the city has greeted many delegations of international holiday-makers, including Joe Lewis, the owner of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
Recently, Can Tho was listed among the world’s most beautiful canal cities, according to the Departures, an American lifestyle magazine. This is an opportunity for Can Tho to promote its tourism sites and potential for tourism development to international visitors.
The results were attributed to efforts made by the municipal authorities in promoting tourism in many localities nationwide to organize tours connecting Can Tho with Mekong Delta provinces.
The city also expands cooperation with Malaysia and Japan in the field.
Attention has been also paid to investing in infrastructure development, diversifying tourism products in popular tourism sites, especially waterway tourism; and organizing regional and international conferences, towards promoting tourism and attracting more tourists to the locality./.
- Vietnam seeks to boost rural tourism
- Connectivity awakes Mekong Delta’s tourism charm
- Launching 'My hometown Tan Tru' tour
- First Da Lat glass bridge opens
- Eco-tourism site project in Ca Mau's U Minh Ha National Park approved
- Mekong Delta attracts visitors with eco-tourism
- National Park sees better protection thanks to eco-tourism
- Explore forest in Dong Thap Muoi at night
- Mekong Delta has 10 more typical tourist destinations
- Vietnam to receive Chinese tourists starting March 15