Can Tho welcomes 2.4 million visitors in Q1
More the 2.4 million people visited the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho in the first three months of 2018, up 13.6 percent year on year and realising 30.2 percent of the yearly target.
Visitors at Cai Rang Floating Market in Can Tho city (Source: VNA)
Tourism brought in 895 billion VND (39.29 million USD) during the period, an annual increase of 20.9 percent. The revenue met 25.7 percent of target set for 2018.
Le Minh Son, Vice Director of the municipal Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, attributed the results to myriad activities held in celebration of the lunar New Year holiday, particularly the opening of nine more tourism sites.
A range of tourism promotion programmes have been launched, such as piloting guitar and calligraphy performances on Ninh Kieu Wharf every Sunday and introducing three food and fashion streets.
The city plans to boost quality of local tourist destinations, while offering new destinations and tourism services. The plan covers the improvement of river tours and electric car services, and the construction of entertainment and resort area, among other facilities./.
- Southern localities bustling with tourists during Tet holiday
- International arrivals in Vietnam expected to grow in 2024
- Vietnam seeks to boost rural tourism
- Connectivity awakes Mekong Delta’s tourism charm
- Launching 'My hometown Tan Tru' tour
- First Da Lat glass bridge opens
- Eco-tourism site project in Ca Mau's U Minh Ha National Park approved
- Mekong Delta attracts visitors with eco-tourism
- National Park sees better protection thanks to eco-tourism
- Explore forest in Dong Thap Muoi at night