Hanoi to build 351 million USD bridge over Red River
The Hanoi People’s Council has approved, in principle, the construction of Thuong Cat bridge across the Red River, connecting Bac Tu Liem and Dong Anh districts.
Illustrative image. (Photo: Hanoi Traffic Construction Investment Project Management Board)
The bridge, which has a length of 820m and a width of 33m, is expected to ease traffic congestion and boost the socio-economic development of the capital city.
With a total estimated cost of nearly 8.3 trillion VND (351 million USD), the construction is scheduled to be done in four years, from 2023 to 2027.
To ensure a well-coordinated traffic system, the council has also approved the construction of a belt road connecting Thuong Cat Bridge to National Highway No 32 with a total investment of 1.5 trillion VND. The road is expected to open to traffic in 2026.
Thuong Cat is one of the 10 new bridges spanning the Red River under Hanoi’s transport plan for the 2015-2030 period./.
- Vietnam to send 125,000 labourers abroad in 2024
- PM urges speeding up key transport projects
- PM directs measures to improve citizens' lives during Tet holiday
- PM attends ground-breaking of Lang Son - Cao Bang expressway
- Multidimensional poverty rate to reduce to 2.93% at end of 2023
- 20th KOCHAM charity night 2023 receives more than 12.2 billion VND