HCM City to host activities for Hung Kings’ death anniversary
A series of cultural and entertainment activities and art performance shows will be organised in Ho Chi Minh City to commemorate the death anniversary of Hung Kings in 2018.
A ceremony commemorating the death anniversary of Hung Kings in Ho Chi Minh City in 2017 (Source: VNA)
A ceremony commemorating the death anniversary of Hung Kings will be held at the Hung Kings Memorial site in the National Historical and Cultural Park in Ho Chi Minh City on April 25 (the 10th day of the third lunar month), featuring traditional rituals such as processions, and incense and flower offerings.
Art and traditional marital art performance programmes, dragon dances and drum performance will be orgnaised at the site on April 24-25.
The first Chung cake-making contest, and a wide range of other activities such as a book exhibition, kite performance, folk games, calligraphy and food exhibition will also take place on April 22-23.
Legend has it that the Hung Kings ruled Vietnam from 2879 BC until 258 BC and are considered the founders of the nation. To honour the Kings, the tenth day of the third lunar month serves as the national commemorative anniversary for them.
The worshipping rituals of the Hung Kings was recognised as UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity in 2012./.
- Young star midfielder, goalkeeper win Vietnam Golden Ball 2023
- Vietnam fall out of top 100 in FIFA ranking
- Vietnam lose 2 - 4 to Japan at AFC Asian Cup opener
- Preserving cultural heritage, generating sustainable development
- Coach Mai Duc Chung's retirement to mark dawn of new era
- Vietnam bags eights golds at World Bodybuilding Championship