JICA provides COVID-19 treatment equipment for Cho Ray Hospital
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) on July 29 said it has delivered the first batch of medical equipment for COVID-19 treatment to Cho Ray Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City.
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) delivers the first batch of medical equipment for COVID-19 treatment to Cho Ray Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City. (Photo: hcmcpv.org.vn)
ThIS is part of a project worth nearly 60 million JPY (equivalent to 12 billion VND) in support of the city’s hospital to treat COVID-19 patients. The JICA-sponsored project was announced in June 2020.
Director of the hospital Nguyen Tri Thuc thanked JICA for its timely and effective support, adding new community transmissions have been recorded in the central city of Da Nang in recent days.
The hospital has sent some health workers to support the city.
JICA said it will continue consulting with the Japanese government to assist Vietnam in preventing communicable diseases, including COVID-19.
In 2016, JICA and Cho Ray Hospital jointly implemented a technical cooperation project to improve the quality of medical examination and treatment./.
- Vietnam to send 125,000 labourers abroad in 2024
- PM urges speeding up key transport projects
- PM directs measures to improve citizens' lives during Tet holiday
- PM attends ground-breaking of Lang Son - Cao Bang expressway
- Multidimensional poverty rate to reduce to 2.93% at end of 2023
- 20th KOCHAM charity night 2023 receives more than 12.2 billion VND