Vietnamese PM meets Chinese counterpart in Indonesia
Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh had a meeting with Chinese Premier Li Qiang in Jakarta on September 6, on the occasion of the 43rd ASEAN Summit and related meetings.
Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh meets Chinese Premier Li Qiang on the occasion of the 43rd ASEAN Summit and related meetings in Jakarta (Photo: VNA)
Both sides expressed their satisfaction at the positive development of the bilateral comprehensive strategic cooperative partnership and agreed to enhance regular all-level contacts to contribute to more effective, substantive and deeper cooperation between the two countries.
Conveying regards from Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong, State President Vo Van Thuong, and National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue to Chinese Party General Secretary and President Xi Jinping and other high-ranking leaders, Chinh affirmed that Vietnam considers its relationship with China as a strategic choice and a top priority.
According to him, Vietnamese ministries and agencies are working closely with Chinese relevant agencies to take concerted and effective measures toward realising important common perceptions reached by leaders of the two Parties and countries, including stepping up bilateral high-level exchanges and contacts in the near future.
Xi, for his part, conveyed warm regards from Chinese Party General Secretary and President Xi and other Chinese high-ranking leaders to Party leader Trong and other Vietnamese leaders.
He welcomed PM Chinh's attendance at the opening of the 20th China-ASEAN Expo (CAEXPO) and China-ASEAN Business and Investment Summit (CABIS) in Nanning, Guangxi, and affirmed readiness to maintain regular high-level exchanges to deepen discussions on issues of shared concerns./.
- Speed up the implementation of tasks right from beginning of the year
- Merry, safe, sentimental Tet ensured for all: Prime Minister
- PM speaks at discussion on ASEAN at WEF Davos 2024
- Long An strengthens relations and expands cooperation with Japanese partners
- Cambodian PM arrives in Hanoi, starts official visit to Vietnam
- Belarus inaugurates Consulate General in HCM City
- Prime Minister hosts welcome ceremony for Belarusian counterpart
- President wraps up official visit to Japan
- Prime Minister arrives in Dubai, starting activities at COP28
- Vietnamese Party chief receives Chinese Minister of Foreign Affairs