Vietnamese PM meets with US Vice President
Vietnamese Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh and US Vice President Kamala Harris have noted with pleasure the strong development steps of the Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership.
Vietnamese Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh (left) and US Vice President Kamala Harris. (Photo: VNA)
At their meeting on the sidelines of the 43rd ASEAN Summit and Related Summits in Jakarta, Indonesia, on September 6, both leaders expressed their delight to meet each other for the third time within two years.
PM Chinh hailed the US Vice President’s contributions to the bilateral relationship, particularly her support for the COVID-19 vaccine supply to the Vietnamese people.
He expressed his hope to meet with Vice President Harris again in the coming time to concretise high-level agreements in order strengthen the Vietnam-US ties intensively, effectively and practically.
Vietnam is coordinating with the US to prepare for US President Joe Biden's upcoming visit to the Southeast Asian nation, PM Chinh said.
On this occasion, the PM congratulated the President, the Vice President and the people of the US on the positive outcomes in overcoming difficulties caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and obtaining solid socio-economic achievements over the past time.
For her part, Vice President Harris stressed the importance of President Biden’s State visit to Vietnam at the invitation of General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam Central Committee Nguyen Phu Trong, believing that it will mark a new milestone in the bilateral relations./.
- President works with US-APEC Business Coalition in San Francisco
- Secretary of Provincial Party Committee - Nguyen Van Dươc receives leaders of 4 Oranges Co. Ltd
- Measures sought to enhance rice value chain efficiency
- PM chairs welcome ceremony for Dutch counterpart
- Prime Minister leaves for ASEAN - GCC Summit, visit to Saudi Arabia
- President meets with Russian counterpart in Beijing
- Vietnam, Japan eye stronger defence cooperation
- Vietnamese PM starts official visit to Brazil
- Top Cuban legislator starts Vietnam visit
- Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh arrives in US