Singaporean PM begins official visit to Vietnam
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and a delegation from Singapore arrived in Hanoi on August 27, beginning a three-day official visit to Vietnams at the invitation of his counterpart Pham Minh Chinh.
Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong is welcomed at the Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi. (Photo: VNA)
Welcoming the Singaporean and his entourage at the airport were Minister of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs Dao Ngoc Dung, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Do Hung Viet, and Vietnamese Ambassador to Singapore Mai Phuoc Dung, and Singapore Ambassador to Vietnam Jaya Ratnam.
Accompanying the Singaporean PM are his wife Ho Ching, Minister of Foreign Affairs Vivian Balakrishnan, Minister for Education Chan Chun Sing, and Minister for Manpower and Second Minister for Trade and Industry Tan See Leng.
This is his fifth visit to Vietnam by Lee Hsien Loong as Prime Minister of Singapore, showing the closeness and cohesion between the two countries.
It is also among a wide range of activities in celebration of the 50th founding anniversary of bilateral diplomatic ties and the 10th anniversary of the strategic partnership. On this occasion, Lee is expected to attend many important activities and events./.
- President works with US-APEC Business Coalition in San Francisco
- Secretary of Provincial Party Committee - Nguyen Van Dươc receives leaders of 4 Oranges Co. Ltd
- Measures sought to enhance rice value chain efficiency
- PM chairs welcome ceremony for Dutch counterpart
- Prime Minister leaves for ASEAN - GCC Summit, visit to Saudi Arabia
- President meets with Russian counterpart in Beijing
- Vietnam, Japan eye stronger defence cooperation
- Vietnamese PM starts official visit to Brazil
- Top Cuban legislator starts Vietnam visit
- Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh arrives in US