PM requests efforts to deal with floods in northern mountainous region
Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh has issued a dispatch asking competent localities to focus resources on dealing with consequences of floods and heavy rains in the northern mountainous region since April 16 that had claimed three lives in Van Ban district, Lao Cai province.
Water level of Nam Liep stream in Minh Luong, Lao Cai province rising due to floods. (Photo: VNA)
In the dispatch to the People’s Committees of the six northern mountainous provinces of Lai Chau, Yen Bai, Son La, Ha Giang and Tuyen Quang, the Central Steering Committee for Flood and Storm Control, National Committee for Disaster Response and Search and Rescue, and relevant ministries and agencies, the PM extended his condolences to families of the victims, and asked the local authorities to help locals fix houses and clean the environment, and provide them with food and essential goods.
He also asked the localities to keep a close watch on developments of floods and rains, and to review and assess the safety of homes, especially areas with a high risk of flash floods and landslides, while standing ready forces, vehicles, and equipment to deal with any circumstances that may happen.
The media will continue to provide information on developments of the natural disaster, damage, and response efforts, according to the dispatch./.
- 20th KOCHAM charity night 2023 receives more than 12.2 billion VND
- Vietnamese to enjoy one-week Tet holiday in 2024
- Mekong Delta receives 4 trillion VND for fight against riverbank, coastal erosion
- Tropical depression approaching mainland of Central region
- Ha Long Bay-Cat Ba Archipelago recognised as world natural heritage
- Mekong Delta facing increasingly serious flooding
- Can Tho: Final sections of Tran Hoang Na bridge get linked
- President visits advanced new-style rural commune in An Giang
- Binh Duong named among Top 7 Intelligent Communities for third time
- Vietnam moves up four places in 2023 Global Peace Index to 41st position