Long An: Wildlife business increased inspection
On April 13, the Mobile Team for Forest Inspection, Prevention and Fighting Fire under Long An Forest Protection Department inspected and reminded small traders of agricultural products at stores on National Highway (NH) N2 and Thanh Hoa agricultural product market for epidemic prevention and trade in wild animals.
The team inspected animal trade shops on National Highway N2
At each destination, the delegation propagated and mobilized business households to strictly abide by the regulations on managing the endangered, precious and rare forest animals and enforce the Convention on International Trade in wildlife, endangered animals according to Decree 06/2019/ND-CP.
After checking, most of the business households showed documents proving the origin of the animals. However, the team also discovered about 20 individuals of wild storks were displayed at a store on the NH N2. The delegation conducted remind and asked small traders to release these individuals to the natural environment.
The inspection team discover and ask the shop owner to release about 20 individuals of the stork in the natural environment
According to Deputy Head of Thanh Hoa Division of Agriculture and Rural Development - Le Huu Tau, in general, the inspection of wildlife trading activities in Thanh Hoa agricultural product market was effective over the past time when the sale display and slaughter that caused offensive feelings; Prohibited agricultural products such as storks, snakes, rare precious animals are no longer displayed at the market. At the same time, it is necessary to increase inspection at this season to prevent the risk of bird influenza outbreaks./.
By Bui Tung – Translated by Duc Tam
- Long An strengthens and diversifies investment promotion activities in events of the 2023 APEC Summit Week in the United States
- Vietnam's M&A attractive to foreign investors
- Mekong Connect 2023 Forum looks to green economic development
- Long Beach Port (USA) and Long An International Port (Vietnam) sign Letter of Intent to establish relations
- Vietnamese economy stable amidst geopolitical instability
- 2024 GDP growth target feasible: expert
- Bitter taste of cane leaves processing factories closed
- Vietnam promotes rice exports to China
- New record set in fruit, vegetable exports
- Vietnam’s export rice price reaches new peak